She weaves her old poison a familiar art
To tear us apart to shatter my heart
And you, my dear love with a week in your hand
Let a strangers whisper make you take a stand
You chose the echo of someone you've never met
Over the love that I can't forget
And I am left with the words you denied
And the love that in your doubt so painfully died
Sunday, July 19, 2026
Echoes of a stranger strobnger than poison
I whispered te amo a sacred sound
But you turned away let the silence drown
The word I had given so raw and true
And said it was something you couldn't construe
For you to believe I had played you so
A master of lies in a one-week show
You trusted a voice on a phantom line
A shadow you'd never call mine
This stranger this ghost with a poisonous tongue
Whose story from nowhere so quickly was sung
You held up their fiction a weight I can't hold
Against the warm truth that our one week had told
We painted our futures in the soft fading light
We shared all our dreams in the deep of the night
You knew my fears the hopes I held dear
And you let them all shatter on the words of this smear
One call, just one call from a voice you don't know
Was enough to make all of our shared moments go
To make you doubt me to make you turn cold
To believe the dead tales that my past has now told
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment