Yes i said it my pants is my lover. We seem to be inseparable since childhood. It fits me comfortably and i never felt better in anything else. Since I was a very active child it meant I could do almost anything with worrying about being indecent. It also was a better option to wearing layers of clothing compared to wearing dresses and skirts. Can u imagine wearing nylon tights as well as skirts on a hot day? I would have been covered in sweat within minutes and probably need to squeeze my underwear too. Wearing pants meant a sense of security to me. I always knew that no one could blame me for flashing my knickers to them.
But it wasn’t easy being in pants all day every day, as I have been called names just because I loved to be in them.
Growing up in a urban setting one expects the population to be more open minded and adaptive. And mind you i only lived 10 minutes away from the Suva city. Yet my upbringing was quiet conservative.
I remember being told that women and girls belonged in the kitchen and always needed to dress “appropriately”.
Appropriately! What does that even mean?
As far as my understanding goes I think pants combined with tops or tee shirts is the most decent form of clothing. It covers all the parts that needs to be covered pretty well don’t you think?
Yet i was always labelled as a tomboy just because i loved pants.
I mean seriously is that the best that one could come up with!
Quiet interestingly more recently a few say my sexuality is highly dependent on my love for wearing pants all my life. This statement seriously makes me gasp as it is by far the one i have heard
Can you imagine pulling every lesbian on the side and asking them if they are queer because they loved wearing pants mostly?
Gender stereotyping has become such a sham and it’s so un-cool. So does this mean that the Pacific men who wear sulu are somewhat queer?
In today’s modern world it is unbelievable how the societies are petrified in patriarchal and gender biased norms.
Nevertheless my love for pants is for eternity and quite frankly a subtle fight against gender stereotyping
No comments:
Post a Comment