Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

You cut me down without thinking

You cut me down without thinking
I give you oxygen everyday
And take your carbon dioxide away
I give you fruits to keep you healthy
Yet you cut me down without thinking

I give you wood to build your houses
I give you chips to burn to keep yourself warm
I keep you cool in shade form the hot sun
Yet you cut me down without thinking

The worlds population s increasing
The carbon dioxide level is increasing
There's not enough fresh air to breathe
Yet you cut me down without thinking

My roots hold soil together
And helps prevent landslides
I give shelter to animals and birds
Yet you cut me down without thinking

Take a second to reflect
There's so much we do for you
So before you pick up that axe or chainsaw
Know that i'm very useful
So please don't cut me down without thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment